Easy recipes for any occasion
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.
What's popular on our table?
A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal.
Natural products and aromatic spices
If you don't have the confidence in baking, commit to making the recipe three times. The first two, do it exactly the way I've told you to make it. Twice. The first time you'll screw it up. The second time it will come out pretty good, and then the third time, make your adjustments.
Learn more recipe
A real pistachio liqueur delicacy! For pistachio lovers, an unmissable recipe. A soft cream that is prepared in a few minutes and that will finish sooner than you think.
The preparation of the pistachio liqueur cream is proof of the inexperienced, it is really very simple. Try it. You will love to drink it but you will also like to give it away. It will be a welcome gift, for example, during the Christmas holidays. Or when you are a guest somewhere.
The pistachio liqueur is a really delicious homemade creamy liqueur, made with sweet pistachio cream – typical Sicilian preparation – pure alcohol, cream, milk, and sugar. A simple and quick recipe , also ideal for beginners: just mix all the ingredients together, bottle, and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 days before enjoying. Serve this pistachio liqueur cream at the end of a meal, even after an important lunch, but it is also an excellent gift idea for friends and family, perhaps during the holiday season.
If you love creamy liqueurs, also try the chocolate liqueur or limoncello cream, thick and delicious preparations to delight your guests.
- PISTACHIO CREAM 250 gr
- WHOLE MILK 250 ml • 63 kcal
- WHIPPING CREAM 200 gr • 380 kcal
- PURE ALCOHOL AT 95 ° 90 ml • 600 kcal
- SUGAR 50 gr • 380 kcal
How to prepare pistachio liqueur
- Put the liquid cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and mix,
- Add the pistachio cream, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
- Until the pistachio cream is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat and let it cool. Add the alcohol to the rest of the ingredients and mix. Pour everything into a bottle, close, and let it rest in the fridge for 2 days. Your pistachio liqueur cream is ready to be served.
You can keep the pistachio liqueur in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Take it out a few minutes before serving.
Fitness training is essential to keeping your body healthy and active. If you are looking for workout ideas, it can be challenging to know what type of fitness training will help you achieve the results you are looking for. To help with this issue, here are five types of fitness training that you need in your routine:
The first step to making a cake pop is gathering the necessary ingredients. Cake pops are made from pureed cake and frosting, combined to make a dough-like mixture. This mixture is then rolled into small balls, which are chilled briefly before being dipped in chocolate. After dipping each ball twice, sprinkles can be pressed onto the balls of candy. Here is a brief explanation of the steps for making a cake pop:
Since ancient times, Persia (now called Iran) has been a meeting place between Eastern and Western civilizations. This history can be seen in various aspects of Persian culture, including the food. Having influences as distant and diverse as Greece and India, Persian cuisine can simultaneously seem foreign and familiar. With so many delightful dishes to try, knowing where to start can be quite a challenge.
One thing needs to be clarified: half of the recipes that are internationally thought of as the most representative of Mexican food are actually Tex-Mex, from the southern United States (perhaps that makes them moderately Mexican, because before those territories were part of them from the country). In any case, there is no need to worry, because they are not the best 50% of that gastronomy.
Other important information: anyone with a certain culture about Mexican recipes should know that tacos never have a hard tortilla, with the exception of the case where the tortilla is flat and the ingredients cover it (and then we speak of tostadas) or when it comes to fried tacos (folded or rolled, known as flautas or tacos dorados). You should also know that the tortilla can be made from corn or wheat and that the trend is to use the former more in the south-central zone of the country, and the second towards the north.
After the basic theory, I clarify that this list is not based on a series of assumptions, but on extensive research that has taken me years, and that has (very honorably) gained a few pounds. But one life is not enough to say that all Mexican recipes have been tried, for different reasons: the wide variety of dishes, that you have to be brave to dare to try all the ingredients, that tolerance to spicy has to be high. , that you have to go all over a really big country. The advantage is that the price of Mexican dishes (in their country of origin) is really affordable: you don’t have to be a millionaire to eat like a king in southern North America.
12 MEXICAN FOOD DISHES YOU MUST TRY BEFORE YOU DIE
In this text, you will find a count (because surely there is going to be some disagreement) that seeks to make a complete photo of Mexican gastronomy, according to my vision, because it was I who gave myself the job of writing this testament. If you die without trying all their recipes, for the record you were warned.
1- TACOS AL PASTOR
If the inhabitants of Mexico City had to take a single meal to a desert island, this would most likely be it. They are influenced by the cuisine of the Ottoman Empire, and mix marinated pork in a top (yes, similar to shawarma) with corn tortilla, pineapple, onion, coriander, and doses of lemon and hot sauce to taste.
The folded and stuffed tortillas, dipped in some sauce, could replace the center of the Mexican flag. The most popular are the Swiss (which are not at all European), the red ones, the green ones (and better if they are au gratin).
To think of avocado and not to think of guacamole is to have no sense of fun. It is usually eaten with tortilla chips or nachos.
Another of the most internationally known Mexican food dishes. In its most widespread version, it is cooked wrapped in corn hour, although there are regional variants wrapped in banana leaves.
Tamales have variants in several Latin American countries.
A Mexican breakfast that raises the dead, it is made with pieces of fried corn tortilla, red or green sauce, heavy cream, onion, white cheese, and optionally shredded egg or chicken. It is not a sin to put it as lunch or dinner.
6- TRES LECHES CAKE
The queen of Mexican desserts is actually a widespread specialty in Latin America, but for some reason, internationally it is more associated with the country of the taco. By the way, in Mexico, the term “cake” is used, because the word “cake” refers to a type of sandwich.
Anyone who has visited Mexico has seen the street stalls that sell glasses of corn grains in broth with mayonnaise, cheese, lemon, chili, and salt.
8- STUFFED PEPPERS
The good news (for foreigners) is that not all chili peppers are hot, and that goes for most of the time in stuffed chili dishes. They can be with cheese, meat, chicken, tuna, fish, seafood covered in sauce, gratin, or weathered. Mexican food at its finest.
9- MOLE POBLANO
Also called “chocolate sauce” by certain foreigners, it is known that way because cocoa is part of its many ingredients. It is the most famous of the moles, Mexican sauces with a long list of varieties. It is commonly eaten with turkey, chicken, or enchiladas.
Simple but efficient: fried corn tortilla, and on top, the ingredients you want: seafood, ground meat, chicken, guacamole, and the list goes on. One of the most famous dishes of Mexican food that you have probably eaten several times in your life.
In the world of home cooking, tacos, and Mexican tostadas, picadillo is a darling. It is entomatada ground beef cooked with onion, garlic, chopped vegetables, spices, and chili peppers, of course.
12- TORTILLA SOUP
The corn tortilla is so essential to Mexicans that it appears even in the soup. It is a very good broth with tomato, lemon, chili peppers, and other ingredients, plus avocado slices, fried tortilla strips, and heavy cream.
The french toast with blueberries is a really delicious variant of the classic french toast, a preparation which, despite its name, is typically American: prepare it for breakfast or brunch and can be both sweet and savory. French toasts are usually prepared with homemade bread, first passed in a batter based on eggs, milk, and vanilla, and then fried in a pan for a few minutes, finally sprinkled with maple syrup and powdered sugar to which you can add fresh fruit, cream or whatever you want. In our recipe we have made blueberry french toast in the oven, a preparation that involves resting in the fridge before cooking: the final result is truly delicious! Here’s how to do it.
- LOAF BREAD 12-14 slices • 43 kcal
- MILK 400 ml • 50 kcal kcal
- EGGS 4 • 0 kcal
- SUGAR 50 gr • 380 kcal
- BLUEBERRIES 80 gr • 45 kcal
- VANILLA BEAN 1 • 600 kcal
- BUTTER TO taste • 317 kcal
- MAPLE SYRUP TO taste
- POWDERED SUGAR TO taste • 380 kcal
- The calories refer to 100 grams of product
History and origins of French toast
Even if French toast is mistakenly associated with French cuisine, its origins are very ancient, even if not entirely clear. It is said that the first recipe has Italian origins: in Ancient Rome, in fact, there was a sweet dish that was made with slices of bread soaked in milk and cooked over the fire, the news is reported in the Apicius recipe book which dates back to the fifth century. In the Middle Ages, French toasts spread mainly in Germany, then in England and France up to the United States, where they found greater diffusion becoming, with pancakes, the most loved breakfast by Americans.
How to make blueberry toast
Cut the slices of bread into cubes (1) or, if you prefer, leave them whole and arrange them in a baking dish. Now rinse the blueberries, (2) dry them gently and add them to the sandwich bread. Now prepare the batter: In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar, add the seeds of the vanilla bean and then add the milk slowly and continue to mix with a whisk. (3)
With the help of a ladle sprinkle the sandwich bread with the batter and cover with cling film. (4) Let it rest in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight. After the necessary time, add some flakes of butter on the surface and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for half an hour or until the liquid has dried. Once ready, take it out of the oven (5) and let it cool. Your blueberry french toast is ready to serve (6) with the addition of maple syrup, powdered sugar, or other fresh blueberries.
You can flavor the batter by using cinnamon instead of vanilla.
For the decoration, you can also use a blueberry syrup to further enhance the flavor of the French toast.
If you prefer the classic version, you can fry your French toast: cut the sandwich bread into slices, pass it in the batter and fry it for a few minutes in a pan with butter. Once ready, garnish the French toast with blueberries, maple syrup, and icing sugar.
Whether you have been practicing yoga for a few weeks or years, there is no doubt you have witnessed the benefits, and that is why you are still at it. Maybe you are feeling grounded, energized, lighter and stronger. And with such results, who would not want to keep discovering what a yoga lifestyle offers? Practicing yoga can affect your lifestyle. One thing you get to learn is ahimsa, teaching that describes how to treat other living things ethically. Adopting a plant-based diet is one way to adhere to these teachings. Following a plant-based diet has many benefits that go beyond treating animals ethically.
Dieting is difficult, and it often fails or backfires in a way that leaves you looking and feeling worse than before you started. The most likely reason for your weight fluctuation when dieting is because you work so hard to change your body, but you fail to condition your brain. So, when your diet ends you go right back to your unhealthy habits. Here are four techniques you should implement during your diet to target your thinking as well as your eating.
Getting a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket has always been a great way to save time with commitments and still have a delicious dinner on the table. Now the reason to get this pre-cooked dinner item might be because the days of the pandemic have exhausted you and you really need a break from cooking and cooking.
Many people are learning more about their food supply than they ever thought. Where is the food you feed yours? family comes from, is an important topic at this time of Covid-19. Expiration dates and expiration dates can guide you in your choices to ensure you are picking up the freshest food available to put on the table.
When you’re ready to take a break from your exhausting rotation of dinner recipes of the week, there are so many rotisserie chicken recipes to choose from. Chicken can be sliced and served with mashed potatoes, shredded and added to the soup with veggies, or combined with ingredients like avocado and sour cream for Taco Tuesday.
If you don’t finish the whole bird, however, you’ve probably asked yourself the question: How long is chicken cooked in the refrigerator? Read on to find out, before consuming questionable chicken leftovers.
According to the USDA, you need to take the correct steps to cool cooked foods to avoid having problems with foodborne illness. If the core temperature of cooked foods drops below 140 degrees, you run the risk of dealing with E. coli and Salmonella. Your best bet is to take a hot roast chicken home and let it come to room temperature on the counter, then serve it or put it in the refrigerator. If you can, buy a chicken close to the time you plan to serve it.
HOW TO CHOOSE A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
What are you looking for when you choose a roast chicken from the lineup that you find in front of the market? You want to go with one that has been freshly cooked. Some stores will use a tracking system such as colored stickers or markings, or perhaps the chickens are put out in the order they are cooked. If you’re not sure which method your store uses, go ahead and ask for directions.
HOW LONG DOES CHICKEN COOKED IN THE REFRIGERATOR LAST?
When you take the pre-cooked chicken home, you need to eat or store it in about two hours. If you know you want to keep it and want it to cool quickly, cut the chicken and remove the bones. When the meat has reached room temperature, you can place it in a designated food container and refrigerate it for three to four days.
FROZEN COOKED CHICKEN IS ALSO AN OPTION
It’s always a good idea to have a protein-like chicken in the freezer. And yes, you can store cooked chicken and raw chicken in the freezer. Rotisserie chicken will last in the freezer for up to four months. So, if you’re regularly planning meals around rotisserie chickens these days and can’t find any at the market, a skewered chicken from the freezer can solve the problem!
Almost anything can be frozen, but that doesn’t mean everything should be frozen. If you’ve found a couple of bags of pre-mixed salad for sale at your local grocery store. Or you’ve made a large amount of salad hoping to enjoy it with your lunches during the week. You definitely don’t want to see it all go to waste.
Salad does not last long, even if stored in the refrigerator, so should you freeze it? Unfortunately not, the salad should not be frozen. Once frozen and thawed, the salad will turn into a slimy green mush, which will be completely unappetizing.
The guide to freezing the salad
In this article we will cover the ingredients commonly used in most standard salads and whether they are safe to freeze. Unfortunately, we can already tell you that the salad, in general, should not be frozen.
Read on to find out exactly which salad ingredients don’t freeze well and what you can do instead.
- While most of the ingredients in the salad are no good frozen, lettuce is by far the worst.
- If you want to use lettuce tossed in a fresh salad container, freezing is not the way to go. However, if you want to cook lettuce, freezing it is fine as you won’t need the lettuce to be in great condition.
- Once frozen, ice crystals form on the lettuce, which forms on plant cells. When these ice crystals form, they break down the cell walls.
- Because lettuce has such a high water content, the freezing process causes more ice crystals and therefore more damage, which results in a slimy mess.
- The degree of damage to lettuce due to freezing also depends on the type of lettuce that is frozen.
- Thicker leaf lettuce such as Romaine, Cos, Boston or Butterheads freeze slightly better than thinner leafed types of lettuce. But still don’t defrost well for use in salads, but can be cooked after being been frozen.
- Homemade lettuce also does much better when frozen, as this lettuce isn’t stored and shipped. So it ends up thawing much better when frozen, not having been broken down already.
- It is not recommended to freeze lettuce, you will not be able to enjoy the fresh and crunchy leaves that form the basis of a good salad.
- If you’re going to freeze lettuce, make sure you’re actually using quality double-sealed Ziploc bags.
How to freeze lettuce
- If you want to freeze lettuce, either to see how it freezes or to use it in cooking, here’s how you should do it.
- First, you should separate all the leaves and wash them thoroughly. Remove the leaf bases from all leaves.
- Using a paper towel, gently pat the lettuce leaves, removing as much water as possible. Lettuce freezes much better if there is as little water on the leaves as possible, so drying them is really important.
- Place the dried lettuce leaves in the freezer bags, removing as much air as possible from the bags. You can also use a straw to suck out excess air around the leaves.
- Close the bag tightly and put it in the freezer. If you have a vacuum sealer, you can use it to secure the leaves in the freezer’s plastic bag as tightly as possible.
- Frozen lettuce should be used within six months, and frozen lettuce will be best used in casseroles, soups, broths, quiches, and French fries, as lettuce should not be eaten fresh.
Freezing other salad ingredients
There are so many different ingredients that you can add to a salad, both raw and cooked. Each ingredient freezes differently, so knowing which one freezes well will help you save some elements of a salad to use later.
Fruits and vegetables with higher water content should not be frozen. As they will become frozen in the freezer and these ice crystals will destroy the cell walls of the product and cause them to become slimy and mushy. A soaked piece of cucumber or mushy tomato is never great in a salad.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes should not be frozen fresh as needed to use in salads. However, you can freeze tomatoes in their skins for use in cooked foods such as sauces and stews. But they should not be used in salads as they will be mushy after thawing.
- Cucumbers – Since cucumbers have a high water content, they also don’t do well when frozen and thawed. Freezing and thawing cucumber will feel mushy and slimy and definitely won’t taste great in a salad. Again, frozen cucumbers can be used in cooking, but they shouldn’t be used in fresh salads.
- Feta cheese – Feta cheese can be frozen and thawed and reused in salads. Feta tastes salty and adds great flavor to salads, but feta can lose some of its flavors when frozen.
- Carrots – Carrots can be frozen and used in salads once thawed. You can choose to blanch the carrots before freezing them to ensure that their flavor remains stronger while they are frozen, but they can be frozen raw. Carrots won’t lose too much flavor and texture when frozen and thawed, so they’re fine for a salad.
- Spinach – Spinach, just like lettuce, becomes mushy and slimy when frozen and thawed. Frozen spinach shouldn’t be added to a salad, but should instead be used in cooked dishes.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is good when frozen, but for best results, broccoli should be blanched before freezing. Since broccoli can be softer than other vegetables when added to a salad, it can be used in a salad after freezing. You can also choose to blanch them in water for three minutes before adding them to a salad to bring back some color and texture.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms are by no means great when frozen and thawed. Although they can be used in cooked meals, the mushrooms will be mushy and very soft and will not taste good in a salad.
There are many different components to a good salad, but because many of the ingredients are fresh and raw. It is difficult to freeze many, at least if you want a crunchy and tasty salad to enjoy.
To best preserve your salad, you should instead try putting it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and using it within the expiration date. If you can’t eat as much salad as is left, you can try using separate ingredients in different dishes, such as soups and stews.