Easy recipes for any occasion
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.
What's popular on our table?
A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal.
Natural products and aromatic spices
If you don't have the confidence in baking, commit to making the recipe three times. The first two, do it exactly the way I've told you to make it. Twice. The first time you'll screw it up. The second time it will come out pretty good, and then the third time, make your adjustments.
Learn more recipe
Have you tried the samosa? Indian samosas are crispy dumplings typical of Indian, Pakistani, and Tibetan cuisine. In this post, we are going to tell you exactly what they are, how they are made and we are going to give you two delicious recipes, one with meat and the other vegetarian.
Let’s see the recipes for keema samosas. We will also see how to make the dough for samosa.
What is samosa
As we said, samosas are triangular-shaped dumplings typical of Indian cuisine.
They are prepared with a very thin dough similar to filo pastry, which when fried becomes very crispy. It is usually filled with vegetables seasoned with a mixture of spices such as curry, turmeric, and ginger among others, and there are also varieties of meat.
They are usually served accompanied by some sauce, which can be a chutney, yogurt sauce, a hot sauce, etc.
A samosa can also be sweet, in which case they are eaten as a snack or dessert.
Dough recipe for Indian samosas
You can use 8 sheets of filo pastry or brick pastry or make the homemade dough, which we explain below.
Ingredients (for 15 samosas)
- 400 g of wheat flour
- 12 g of fine salt
- 100g vegetable oil
- 170-200g of water
- flour for kneading
How to make the dough for samosas
- Mix the flour with the salt
- Add the oil and work the flour with the tips of your fingers, until it absorbs all the oil and we are left with a kind of crumbs.
- We are incorporating the water little by little, kneading until we have a homogeneous mass.
- We pass the dough to the oiled table, we oil our hands and knead until it is smooth and soft.
- Wrap in kitchen film and let rest for 30 minutes.
- After this time, we stretch the dough with the rolling pin on a slightly floured table, it has to be very finite.
- We cut discs about 15-18 cm in diameter, and then cut them in half with a knife.
- We take each semicircle and moisten the edges, and join the straight side forming a cone. Fill and seal the open side by pressing with your fingers.
- If you prefer to use bought filo pastry or brick pastry, which is also very good, cut it into strips of approx. 10cm wide, paint one of the sides with egg, put the filling on one end, and fold the strip of dough in the shape of a triangle on itself. In this video you can see the traditional way of closing the samosa, using a “tail” made with flour and water.
Keema samosas recipe
- 500 g of chopped chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- chopped fresh coriander
- extra virgin olive oil
- chilies without seeds and chopped (amount to taste)
- oil for frying
How to make keema samosas
- We have already seen how to prepare the dough, now we have to make the filling:
- In a large frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil. Sauté the onion and minced garlic.
- When the onion begins to turn transparent, add the spices: ginger, turmeric, curry, cumin and chili (if you don’t like it spicy you can avoid it). Mix well and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the keema, salt, stir well and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander in the last few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool a bit before filling the samosas.
- Assemble the samosas as explained in the dough recipe, and fry in plenty of hot oil until golden brown. Let’s put them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate
Rajma dal is a red bean curry that is a popular dish in North India, although it is enjoyed throughout the country. It’s a tasty vegetarian recipe that cooks beans in a spicy masala paste with ginger, garlic, chili peppers, and tomatoes. In addition, the dish is ready in less than half an hour.
In addition to various meats and vegetables, Indian curries can be made with a variety of legumes, including chickpeas, lentils, and beans. They make a vegetarian filling or vegan main dish or can be served as part of a large meal.
If you’re looking for a satisfying, warm weeknight meal, this is a great option. The rustic dish is cooked in a single pan and is very easy to prepare. To complete the meal, it is traditional to serve rajma dal with boiled rice, kachumber salad and a pickle of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons oil vegetable, canola, or sunflower cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and julienned
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 fresh green chilies, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large tomatoes cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 15.5-ounce cans kidney beans, drained, rinsed under running water
- 3 cups of warm water
- 1 pinch asafetida
- Salt to tast
Steps to do it
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a deep pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they stop sizzling, add the onion and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilies, tomatoes, coriander, cumin garam masala, and turmeric and fry until the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the kidney beans, warm water, and asafetida, as well as salt to taste. Cook until beans are soft and the sauce has reduced slightly about 10 minutes.
- Mash some of the beans roughly to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice.
- For an even better curry, cook dried kidney beans instead of using canned beans. Soak dried beans in water overnight and drain. Add the soaked beans to a pot, covering them with about an inch of water. Bring to a simmer and check after an hour or so, adding more water as needed. The beans are cooked when they are tender.
- For less intense heat, seed chiles before cutting.
- Serve with your choice of store-bought or homemade pickles.
- Leftover rajma dal can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Eucalyptus tea is one of the most popular and so you can take advantage of it in a hot drink to combat the problems of the common cold and cough
The eucalyptus is a type of plant that belongs to the family Myrtaceae and is also, usually known as Eucalyptus globulus Labill. The eucalyptus tree usually grows to 20m tall and the leaves are usually extremely fragrant. Its shape is elongated and pointed, however, its flowers are usually white or yellowish in color and usually have little crowns on a thimble.
Usually, its fruits tend to look much more like buttons and are usually dry with abundant very small seeds. Usually, there is a type of warm, semi-warm, semi-dry, and temperate climate. However, it has also stood out for being a type of medicinal plant for a long time and today we are going to tell you in a little more detail, which may be the health benefits it has, according to the information presented by the Digital Library of Traditional Medicine.
Mainly for coughs, eucalyptus has stood out for being a great element to alleviate various symptoms that affect the respiratory tract. Much is also said, that it is a great option to inhale and eliminate the problems of mucus in the routes. It is mentioned that in case of having much more severe cough. It can be combined with other plants such as purple bougainvillea or camellia flowers.
In the same way, it has the ability to open our airways. It is also an ideal option to reduce inflammation, not only the throat. It can also be applied to some other part of the body and. We are sure, that it will be a great natural solution. It is even mentioned that with a gargle, you can help reduce throat inflammation.
Eucalyptus has also been highlighted as a great option to combat poor appetite. And some bile or gastrointestinal problems, mainly for its natural healing power.
In some places, it is also a plant that can be used to help heal various wounds more quickly. And thus avoid causing an infection, due to its disinfecting power.
In the same way that it works as a great anti-inflammatory, eucalyptus can be a great option to help eliminate headaches, helping reduce inflammation and help the blood flow much faster to the brain, avoiding problems at all costs. upside down.
- 1 Tbsp minced eucalyptus leaves
- 150 ml of water
- We will put the water on the fire until it reaches a boil.
- Add the eucalyptus leaves and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 2 minutes
- And voila, serve and enjoy
TIP: It is recommended to drink at least 2 times a day
Do you sometimes treat your body like a punching bag? If you’re tired of feeling worn out all the time and want to start living a healthier lifestyle, you might be unsure what to do. Luckily, making a few changes can make a world of difference in how you feel. Here are some ways you can live a healthier life.
Knowing how to make white gravy is super useful. It is used for many preparations such as lasagna, pasta sauces, souffles, etc. That’s why I want to show you my tricks to make a tasty white gravy without lumps. This is the first recipe in my basic cooking series here on the blog so stay tuned for more :).
The classic white sauce has 3 basic ingredients: flour, butter, and milk. You can change the butter for oil as when we made the Serrano ham croquettes and for the milk, you can use the type you want. If you use whole / fresh milk, it will be creamier than if you use skim milk, but it will work the same. You can also use non-dairy milk if you prefer. Changing the flour is more complicated, you can but the proportion changes.
The thing that scares people the most when making white gravy is the lumps. To avoid lumps, it is important to pour the milk into the roux (a mixture of flour and butter) off the heat. You add it little by little until you have used all the milk. You can see how I do it in the video lines above.
It is good to make the white gravy at the time you are going to use it. As time passes, the texture of the sauce changes and tends to form a hard layer on top. To preserve it, cover it with something touching the surface. That way the hard cap is not formed on top. I use cotton cloths with beeswax to get away from the film. Then when you want to use it you have to return to the heat and adjust the texture with more milk.
The classic white gravy asks that the milk be first flavored with some ingredients, such as tea. This makes it taste more than milk and it is super-rich. It is not necessary to do so if it is part of preparation with other flavors such as cauliflower souffle, for example. You also have to consider that each recipe calls for a different thickness in the white gravy. To make it thicker you use more butter and flour, and to make it lighter you are useless.
- For milk
- 600 ml milk
- ¼ white onion, uncut
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- For the white gravy
- 30 g unsalted or salted butter
- 30 g flour without baking powder / unprepared flour
- milk from above
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a pot over low heat. Since it breaks a light boil, leave it for 10 minutes. Move from time to time so that the milk does not stick and burn down.
- Pass the contents through a strainer and keep the milk.
For the white sauce
Melt the butter over medium heat and add the flour.
- Let the mixture cook for 1 minute, mixing the entire time with a hand mixer.
- Take the pot off the heat and add a splash of milk. Mix with the hand mixer. It will form a dough at the beginning.
- Add all the milk little by little, mixing between each splash. When the mixture is loose add the rest of the milk. Finish by adding a little nutmeg.
- Put the mixture over medium heat and bring it to a boil. While that happens we mix all the time with a hand mixer.
- From the moment it starts to boil, let it boil for a minute. Remove the white gravy from the heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you think you’ve tried everything, maybe you’re wrong: have you ever tried green beans? Here is the idea for the vegetarian snack you don’t expect!
A vegetarian snack. The fried green beans are an idea to prepare as fast finger food for an aperitif or even a side dish, perhaps to propose vegetables to children who would otherwise not like.
Green beans should not be cooked, but directly passed in a batter before being immersed in boiling oil.
Obviously, they are delicious served hot and perhaps with some salt that we will then suggest.
Here is the recipe
- 300 g of green beans
- 200 g of water
- 150 g of flour 0
- 150 g of breadcrumbs
- peanut oil
- The first thing to do is to carefully wash the green beans, dry them and then remove the ends with your hands or a small knife.
- Separately, prepare the batter by adding the water to the flour a little at a time and mixing well with a hand whisk, eliminating the lumps. The water must be cold enough and if you want a tempura- like frying, use sparkling water.
- Dip the green beans first in the batter and then in the breadcrumbs and then cook them in peanut oil at temperature.
- Drain them on the paper for frying and add salt.
- Serve them immediately otherwise they lose consistency.
What to do if they advance
- If they are left over, but not left over, you can keep them in the refrigerator in a container with a lid for up to two days.
- You can then use them in a salad to make it tastier and if you want to heat them pass them in the oven for a few minutes in the grill function, in this way they will find a little crunchiness.
- You can also possibly use them to prepare a sort of fake parmigiana by alternating layers of fried green beans with tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella and then bake everything in a static oven at 200 ° for about 30 minutes.
- Tasty accompanying sauces
- To accompany the fried green beans we suggest a classic mayonnaise or 10 very original creative variations , or a delicate mustard. Vegan mayonnaise is
- also excellent , without eggs, but prepared with soy milk or the classic tzaziki with Greek yogurt.
We offer you a quick and easy healthy quinoa salad recipe. Tasty and tasty, it is suitable for everyone, but it is perfect for celiac disease sufferers because quinoa is gluten-free. This herbaceous plant that bears fruit in a panicle containing small seeds is often confused, due to its appearance, with cereals and, like these. It contains concentrations of starch, proteins, fibers, minerals, and vitamins. It is therefore excellent for daily nutrition. You can prepare this quinoa and vegetable salad as a first course or single course if you add tuna, chickpeas, or avocado to the quinoa, as we indicate in the variations to the recipe that you find below. Ideal for the warm season, this summer salad is nutritious, light and low-calorie.
If you do not know how to cook quinoa, it is a frequent doubt, especially if you are not very familiar with ethnic dishes, follow the recipe step by step and you will not go wrong! The portion of raw quinoa grows by about two and a half times in volume. So you can evaluate how much you want to cook. We have considered a portion of 50 grams per person, but it also depends on the quantity of the other ingredients that will accompany it in the dish. Let’s see how to make quinoa salad and the tastiest variations.
- QUINOA : 200 gr
- TOMATOES : 300 gr
- CELERY : 1 stalk
- CARROT : 1
- ZUCCHINI : 2
- BOILED GREEN BEANS: 150 gr
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: two tablespoons
- SALT: to taste
Cooking quinoa is a quick and simple procedure, first, you have to keep the seeds soak for about half an hour in cold water, drain and rinse them well to remove the saponin that covers them. And which gives quinoa a bitter taste in the mouth if not washed well.
Meanwhile, put plenty of water in a saucepan and boil it. Add salt only while boiling, and then add the quinoa, let it cook for about 20 minutes.
However, check the cooking, which is complete when the seeds start to become soft and transparent. When cooked, drain the quinoa, let it cool and it will be ready to be simply seasoned.
Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients, wash the vegetables. Cut the tomatoes, carrots, and celery into cubes. A diced brunoise cut would be the most suitable. But if you can’t, it’s fine even if you cut the vegetables into small pieces more or less the same size.
Aside, cut the courgettes into regular pieces, saute them in a pan with a drizzle of oil for 5 minutes over high heat.
Remove the ends and blanch the green beans in salted water for 20 minutes. Cut them into small pieces.
When the quinoa has cooled, put it in a large salad bowl, add the diced vegetables, sauteed courgettes, green beans, and mix.
Dress the salad with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt. Your quinoa salad is ready to taste!
VARIANTS OF QUINOA SALAD
The quinoa and vegetable salad we made together is the easiest and fastest. It’s quick to make, it’s nutritious, and it’s a perfect veggie dish for the summer when you don’t feel like cooking in the heat. Next to the ingredients, we have proposed you can combine other vegetables, such as sautéed mushrooms, boiled artichokes, roasted peppers, grilled aubergines, boiled green beans. One last tip for making a tasty quinoa salad? Give it a crunchy note by perhaps adding toasted hazelnuts or chopped walnuts: the result will be mouth-watering!
QUINOA AND TUNA SALAD
Among the most interesting variations that we can prepare is the quinoa and tuna salad: it is the most suitable if you are following a protein diet. Quinoa and chicken or quinoa and shrimp are also valid alternatives that you can also offer to children. Among the most popular recipes, especially in summer when you are looking for an easy and very quick dish to make, cold quinoa with tuna is ready simply by adding a 250 g can of natural tuna (or if you prefer, in oil, but drained) to the preparation indicated above. Finish with ground green pepper and the juice of lime.
QUINOA AND CHICKPEA SALAD
The quinoa and chickpea salad are, among the recipes with legumes, the ones most appreciated by vegans and vegetarians. It is a dish with a unique flavor that can be enjoyed all year round. You can simply add canned chickpeas to the main recipe, or add 2 fresh Tropea onions cut into thin slices, chopped parsley. And finish the dish by combining deliciously scented spices, such as turmeric, curry, or paprika, for a slightly spicy note.
QUINOA AND AVOCADO SALAD
This variant of the original recipe is undoubtedly the most ethnic and least Mediterranean. But it is still very popular and is one of the most consumed quinoa salads in summer. The quinoa and avocado salad recipe that we propose is prepared using quinoa in the same quantity as the main recipe, cooked and cooled as indicated. Then add the pulp of two avocados, a ripe mango, a thinly sliced red Tropea onion, chives, and chopped fresh coriander. Season everything with extra virgin olive oil with a very delicate and fruity taste and the juice of a lemon.
QUINOA: ORIGINS, PROPERTIES, AND BENEFITS
Quinoa is a product born between Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Colombia. It has represented a very long and appreciated agri-food source for the indigenous peoples of the South American continent, therefore it is a food with a millenary history. Today, quinoa is back in fashion all over the world, making the areas that grow it lucky.
The quinoa plant is from the same family as spinach, it contains calcium, phosphorus, and iron. And its leaves can also be cooked and prepared with the same method and are similar in taste. But the seeds are the most used in cooking, they have a pleasant taste and a high nutritional value. Very digestible, it promotes the metabolism of insulin due to the presence of amino acids and, due to the high concentration of mineral salts, it performs a protective function against the cardiovascular system.
The fact that it contains vegetable proteins makes it ideal for those who follow a vegetarian diet, to be alternated with cereals, couscous, and rice, but often also used mixed with the same foods. Quinoa flour is also used for many preparations, such as flans, meatballs, soups, vegetable burgers, mixed salads. But also for biscuits, cakes, and spoon desserts. There are over 200 varieties of quinoa, but the most common is the real quinoa, and three types of quinoa that are distinguished by color are most easily found on the market: yellow, red, and black.
There is a temptation that looms in every street corner or dinner menu. Fast food is everywhere and is extremely accommodating. Why cook when there is something cheap and savory right around the corner? Of course, as delicious as fast food is, it comes with various side effects. Obesity-caused illnesses are just a few diseases to name. However, it’s okay to splurge every once and a while. It’s best to back up a few healthy recipes when fast food is not an option.
A real pistachio liqueur delicacy! For pistachio lovers, an unmissable recipe. A soft cream that is prepared in a few minutes and that will finish sooner than you think.
The preparation of the pistachio liqueur cream is proof of the inexperienced, it is really very simple. Try it. You will love to drink it but you will also like to give it away. It will be a welcome gift, for example, during the Christmas holidays. Or when you are a guest somewhere.
The pistachio liqueur is a really delicious homemade creamy liqueur, made with sweet pistachio cream – typical Sicilian preparation – pure alcohol, cream, milk, and sugar. A simple and quick recipe , also ideal for beginners: just mix all the ingredients together, bottle, and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 days before enjoying. Serve this pistachio liqueur cream at the end of a meal, even after an important lunch, but it is also an excellent gift idea for friends and family, perhaps during the holiday season.
If you love creamy liqueurs, also try the chocolate liqueur or limoncello cream, thick and delicious preparations to delight your guests.
- PISTACHIO CREAM 250 gr
- WHOLE MILK 250 ml • 63 kcal
- WHIPPING CREAM 200 gr • 380 kcal
- PURE ALCOHOL AT 95 ° 90 ml • 600 kcal
- SUGAR 50 gr • 380 kcal
How to prepare pistachio liqueur
- Put the liquid cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and mix,
- Add the pistachio cream, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
- Until the pistachio cream is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat and let it cool. Add the alcohol to the rest of the ingredients and mix. Pour everything into a bottle, close, and let it rest in the fridge for 2 days. Your pistachio liqueur cream is ready to be served.
You can keep the pistachio liqueur in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Take it out a few minutes before serving.