It’s mushroom season, therefore, we can not fail to include these ingredients in our regular courses, but to know their nutritional properties, we analyze the different types of mushrooms you can find in the market.
Common all mushrooms have their high water content as well as its wealth in minerals and B vitamins, but also possess varying amounts of carbohydrates and protein as well as fiber.
In addition, all mushrooms and fungi find their best season of consumption during these months, therefore, during the autumn we can not fail to take advantage of these ingredients in our dishes.
Different types of mushrooms and their properties
Beyond the features you listed above all share mushrooms and fungi, we can find different types or varieties on the market and each has nutritional properties different from others.
So then we show the specific qualities of different types of mushrooms :
- Portobello: One of my favorite mushrooms and belongs to the same family of mushrooms but is a more exotic variety . Brown has a particular color and a considerable size that makes it a natural container for different dishes in the kitchen.
It is characterized by its rich in potassium (it is one of the varieties most concentrated of this mineral) and also highlights its content in proteins, for more than 2 grams when most have an average of 1 gram per 100 grams of food.
It is ideal for athletes and hypertensive for its minerals, but can also include it in light meals, prepare them as a natural container fillers or other sauteed, pureed or other preparations.
- Chanterelles: Are tasty and are particularly because it contains fiber, which may be the ideal mushrooms when we seek promote intestinal transit and digestive health care.
And, of course, have carbohydrates and proteins as well as minerals and vitamins, but is characterized as one of the mushrooms with increased energy intake (about 100 kcal per 100 grams), so that while still a slight ingredient They are ideal for developing, energy dishes variety suitable for those seeking gain weight.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are the classic white that usually used in different preparations.
Stresses in this type of mushrooms wealth in potassium (390 mg per 100 grams) and its high protein content and low calories.
Over 4 grams of protein per 100 grams and only contain 35 kcal, so they are one of the varieties recommended for those looking to lose weight taking care of the health of the organism.
- Boletus: are another classic in the kitchen that we use quite often and like mushrooms, stresses its low energy input , as in this case, they do not reach 30 kcal per 100 grams.
Another distinctive feature of the boletus is its content in fiber, just over 2% and its high water content, so they are highly desirable when we seek to increase the volume of the dishes without adding calories almost the same.
- Chanterelle: In this type of mushrooms in particular, in addition to its pleasant way that you can decorate any dish, its content of minerals good for the body stresses such as iron and potassium.
It has about 5 mg of iron per 100 grams and 440 mg of potassium, which is an ingredient ideal for adding to dishes or vegan athletes who want to eat healthy.
It is also very rich in fiber so it can easily promote intestinal transit.
You see that while all mushrooms and fungi have healthy properties and seasonal ingredients are highly recommended to add to dishes, depending on the type and range of each can find a different nutritional profile.
Therefore, learn to know the nutritional properties of different types of mushrooms is key if we choose the best to include in our autumn recipes.