The walnut butter made at home is one of several alternatives that we can produce cars to replace cow’s butter in our recipes or simply to give a touch of extra flavor to our dishes. It’s one of the walnut recipes we can easily make.
For example, nut butters can stir the risotto, but you can also prepare delicious cookies, just like with butter hazelnut and the almond butter . The peanut butter , however, is simply suitable for spreading on bread or as an addition to sauces for seasoning salads and vegetables.
Here are the ingredients and all the instructions for making nut butter at home.
1) Pour the shelled walnuts into a large bowl, cover them with water and leave them to soak for 12 hours. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel.
2) At the end of the soaking, drain the walnuts, dry them with a kitchen towel and place them in a baking tray covered with baking paper.
3) Bake at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes and mix them at least once in the meantime. When they become golden, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely. Check the walnuts from time to time and be careful not to burn them, they must not turn black.
4) Pour the walnuts into a blender or food processor . Operate the appliance until you get a walnut flour and then continue to blend. The nuts will release their natural oils and a cream will gradually form.
5) With a powerful blender or food processor it only takes a few minutes to make nut butter. With a common blender it might take a little more patience. If necessary, in this case, add 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to obtain a mixture with a more homogeneous consistency.
6) For a salty version, add 1 pinch of salt . For a sweet version you can add a pinch of cinnamon or 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.
7) Pour the nut butter into a sterilized glass jar or airtight food container. Homemade nut butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week .