The baked cod meatballs are a perfect recipe as a second plate. Thanks to the breading with breadcrumbs and parmesan they are particularly appetizing, while cooking in the oven with very little oil makes them more genuine and light, therefore suitable to be enjoyed even on a diet, when your menu includes a second fish dish, combined with a salad or a plate of vegetables.
But, if you make them very small, fish balls are also excellent as an appetizer or delicious finger food to be served for an aperitif. Or you can give them the shape of delicious croquettes, or prepare them together with your children using fun molds: in this way, through play and a dish they like, they will eat fish without whims, which they often do not like.
Baked cod meatballs nutritional properties
Fish balls are prepared with healthy ingredients, light and rich in properties beneficial to health.
- The cod is nutritious and low-calorie (only 71 calories per 100 g), a source of high quality protein, minerals, particularly potassium, and “good” fats, especially omega 3, heart health allies.
- It also provides B vitamins, especially B12 and B6, and is very digestible; therefore, it is suitable for children, the elderly and those in convalescence and needs a food that nourishes without weighing it down.
- The eggs and parmesan used for the dough complete the protein picture, adding to the whole also the calcium of the cheese, beneficial for keeping the bones strong and healthy. Finally, potatoes and bread ensure a source of carbohydrates, energy and satiating.
Baked cod meatballs: The recipe to prepare them
- 500 g cod fillets
- 350 g potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 100 g crusty bread crumbs
- 20 g parmesan
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Parsley to taste
- Black pepper ground and in grains
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Lemon a few slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Boil the peeled potatoes, peel and mash them still hot. Let the puree obtained cool.
- Boil the cod fillets in water flavored with black peppercorns, parsley legs, 1/2 onion and a few slices of lemon for about 10 minutes. Drain them and let them cool, then chop them.
- In a bowl place the cod, the mashed potatoes, the chopped parsley with the garlic, salt, a minced pepper, a little nutmeg, the eggs and the grated Parmesan. Mix everything, take small quantities of dough (weighing 25-30 g) and shape the balls.
- Finely chop the breadcrumbs in the mixer with Parmesan and parsley, collect it on a plate and bread the croquettes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the cod balls on top and season with the oil.
- Cook the meatballs in a preheated oven at 180 ° until golden brown, more or less for 20 minutes. To prevent them from drying out excessively, place a bowl of water in the oven to create moisture.
- Serve the meatballs with lemon slices.
You can accompany the baked cod croquettes with a sauce based on Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, oil, a few drops of lemon and mint leaves.
You may also like http://buzzymoment.com/