American cookies with chocolate chips are the ideal dessert to start going into the American pastry shop. America has always enchanted us with its films. The gripping stories of American lives in metropolises or pristine countryside full of tradition have often struck us. Who does not associate American cookies with chocolate chips with the stars and stripes flag? In many of these films, you will surely remember shop windows or home kitchens full of flashy sweets that filled the camera frame.
Cheesecake, Brownies, Velvet Cake, Muffins, Apple Cake and giant biscuits full of butter and chocolate. If it is true that we usually associate the not very noble idea of fast food with the USA, we must, however, give it a privileged place in the pastry scene. From portions exaggerated and the colors, often colorful sweets Americans are now famous all over the world. This type of pastry is not considered one of the most elaborate, which can be Italian or French. For this reason it is of easy realization.
American cookies origins
The American chocolate chip cookie is the sweet ideal to begin to delve into this US part of the pastry. According to legend, Ruth Graves Wakefield invented these biscuits in a well-known Massachusetts restaurant in the 1930s. Ruth tried to insert some chocolate chips into the dough thinking they melted and mixed with the rest of the biscuit, but once removed from the oven she realized that the flakes remained intact: the cookie with chocolate chips was born.
American cookies history
To increase the success of these sweets were, during the Second World War, the American soldiers of Massachusetts who were stationed abroad and who shared with other soldiers from other states of the USA this type of biscuits received in care packages. Soon, many of those soldiers began to request cookies with chocolate chips and his inventor Ruth Graves Wakefield was invaded by continuous letters asking for the recipe. Today, although there are many variations, their recipe is well known. And what we are going to offer you is the typically American one!
- Served: 4 people
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- 250 grams of flour 00
- 200 grams of dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Vanilla or lemon essence
- 125 grams butter
- 125 grams raw brown sugar
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda.
- In a large bowl, break the egg and beat it with a hand whisk.
- Incorporate the melted butter and mix everything.
- Add the brown sugar, mix and add the white sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Incorporate the sieved flour a little at a time into the mixture and mix. When the mixture becomes hard mix with a spoon.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flaked dark chocolate and mix with your hands.
- At this point, take out portions of the dough and form small balls. Arrange the cookies in a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 190 ° C for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the American cookies once they are cold.
You may also like http://studywatches.com/