No traditional feast can do without sweet dishes, whether it is children’s parties or youth parties. Virtually none of the guests, regardless of age, will refuse to complete the gala dinner with a delicious dessert with a cup of a hot tea or aromatic coffee. In order not to disappoint guests and leave a pleasant impression of the holiday, prepare a chocolate-cherry cake “Black Forest”. This traditional German dessert with a creamy-chocolate flavor and a pronounced cherry aroma with a pleasant sourness will not leave anyone indifferent. Even the most fastidious sweet teeth fall in love with this cake from the first piece!
The “Black Forest” dessert preparation method originates from Germany. Its recipe is widely known since the 30s of the last century. A special highlight of the cake was given by cherry brandy, and these days the culinary experts successfully replaced this ingredient with cherry liquor. The traditional taste of the “Black Forest” did not deteriorate at all, but, on the contrary, acquired new unique shades.
Step-by-step recipe of German Black forest cake
In order to bake a cake “Black Forest” at home, you will need the following kitchen utensils and appliances:
- deep bowl;
- strainer for sifting flour;
- baking molds;
- baking paper;
- wide sharp knife;
- stew-pan (ladle);
- silicone spatula and brush;
For sponge cake:
- 9 eggs (to whisk eggs better, take them a few hours before cooking from the refrigerator and leave on the table at room temperature);
- a full glass of granulated sugar;
- a glass of wheat flour;
- half a cup of cocoa powder without sugar;
- a quarter cup of melted butter;
- Vanillin (vanilla extract).
- 4-4.5 cups of canned cherries (seedless, too big berries can be cut in half);
- 3-4 tablespoons of the cherry liqueur;
- Half a cup of boiled cold water.
- a third cup of powdered sugar;
- 3.5 cups 35% cream;
- Tablespoon cherry liqueur.
- chocolate bar;
- Several large cherries (fresh or canned).
Cooking process with step by step photos
- Mix sifted flour, cocoa powder and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a deep bowl, beat eggs with sugar in a mixer.
- Continuing to whip, in small portions add mixed flour and cocoa to the sugar-egg mass. Continue to beat at medium speed for at least 8 minutes.
- Then pour melted butter into the dough and stir it thoroughly using a silicone spatula.
- Prepare the form for baking. Oil the bottom and sides of the mold with sunflower oil using a silicone brush. From baking paper, cut a circle equal to the circumference of the mold, spread it on both sides with sunflower oil and place it on the bottom.
- Put the dough in the prepared round shape and put bake in a hot oven.
- Prepare the filling while baking the sponge cake. To do this, peel the cherries and fill it with cherry liqueur. Cover with a lid and leave to soak for 20-30 minutes. To evenly soaked all the berries liqueur, periodically mix them.
- Soak in liqueur cherries fold in a colander. In the filtered syrup, add water and stir. It turns out impregnation for biscuit cakes.
- Cook the cream. To do this, beat the cooled cream with a mixer until stable peaks. Add icing sugar and a tablespoon of cherry liqueur. Continue to beat a few more minutes.
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven and place it on the table without removing it from the mold. After 10-15 minutes, remove it from the molds and leave to cool.
- Cut the cooled sponge cake horizontally with a wide, sharp knife into 4 cakes. For cutting, you can use a durable thin thread.
- Place the first (lower) cake on a wide serving dish and soak it with syrup, then spread it with buttercream and place a piece of cherry berries on top of the cream. Cover with the next cake and repeat the procedure. Similarly, lay the third and fourth cakes. Top (fourth) cake should be soaked with syrup and smeared with cream.
- With the remaining cream, coat the sides of the cake on all sides.
- Decorate the top of the cake with grated chocolate and cherry berries.
- Place the prepared dessert in the refrigerator for 12-14 hours to soak.
Before serving, remove the cake from the refrigerator and cut into portions. Enjoy your meal with a cup of tea with a delicious cake “Black Forest”!