Although at the moment benefits of green coffee is not being as well known and popular as its toasted version, but the truth is that green coffee continues to gain followers little by little for its properties and health benefits. As you may have guessed in the previous lines, green coffee consists of unroasted coffee beans, which is packaged (if it is consumed for example) or ground without adding any other type of ingredient (coffee that stands out for being totally and completely natural).
Given that it is an unroasted variety, it is evident that we will find differences both in its benefits and properties. In what refers to the latter, it is a coffee that has a less intense aroma and a slightly more bitter taste than roasted black coffee.
Benefits of green coffee
Since its consumption has increased, different scientific studies have been carried out that have pursued two main objectives: to analyze if it is safe food and to discover what benefits would come from its regular consumption.
Regarding the properties of green coffee, it is an ideal drink for the diet of people with type 2 diabetes, since it helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Like black coffee, green coffee is a purifying and diuretic drink, helping to prevent the formation of gallstones.
However, undoubtedly one of its most important and popular benefit of green coffee is its virtue to help in weight loss. This quality is due to its content in chlorogenic acid, a compound capable of reducing the sensation of hunger by satisfying the appetite, transforming fats into energy and increasing the lipolytic activity responsible for the regulation of fats.
But its qualities do not end here, since it is also an antioxidant food thanks to its content in polyphenols, helping to combat aging and reduce the negative effects of the action of free radicals.
Regarding benefit of green coffee in beauty, not only acts in weight loss but exerts a draining action that favors the elimination of cellulite, by removing precisely accumulated fat.
On the other hand, if you are a student or work a lot and need a little extra energy, green coffee helps reduce the feeling of fatigue and also reinforces the memory.
Most important properties of green coffee
Here we summarize what are the most important qualities of this unroasted coffee:
- It is an adequate food for type 2 diabetes because it helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- It helps to lose weight by stimulating the metabolism of lipids and provide a feeling of fullness.
- Prevents the formation of stones or stones in the gallbladder.
Contraindications and side effects of green coffee
- Before proceeding to its consumption, as it happens with practically all foods, we recommend you to have a look at its contraindications and side effects:
- It exerts an effect of acceleration of the cardiac rhythm, not advising its consumption in people with cardiopathies.
- Its use is not recommended in: small children, pregnant women, people with kidney problems and those who follow a diet low in carbohydrates (since it reduces the absorption of sugar from carbohydrates).