Vegan breakfasts are not exclusive for those who have a vegan diet; They are also a great option for those people who want to lose weight in a healthy way.
Vegan breakfasts have become an excellent alternative to start the day full of energy, without exceeding calories. Although of course they are included in the vegan diet, they can also be taken by those people who want to lose weight.
Due to their combination of vegetable ingredients, they provide important nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and proteins. In addition, they are a good alternative to reduce the intake of processed, since they are based on fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
In this opportunity, we want to share 6 delicious options that stand out for their simplicity. They are ideal for those who have little time to prepare more complex recipes since they are done in minutes and do not require too much technique. Do you dare to try them?
Vegan breakfasts that you will like to include in your diet
The first meal of the day plays an important role in the performance of the whole day. Because of this, vegan breakfasts combine energy ingredients that contribute to good physical and mental functioning.
Although vegetable foods contain less protein than those of animal origin, a good combination can help to obtain significant values. Next, we compile 6 interesting recipes.
1. Bread with tomato and olive oil
The brown bread is an excellent choice for vegans preparing breakfast. In this case, we propose to combine it with the delicious flavor of tomato and olive oil to obtain a plus of antioxidants, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (5 g)
- Salt to taste)
Peel the ripe tomato and process it in the blender with the garlic, olive oil, oregano, and salt.
After obtaining a thick paste, put it on the slices of wholemeal bread.
Enjoy it at breakfast accompanied by coffee with vegetable milk or a smoothie.
2. Chia pudding
Chia seeds are a source of amino acids, calcium, omega 3 and other important nutrients that provide energy, in addition to improving cardiovascular health. Next, we suggest combining them with a creamy vegetable milk for a delicious vegan pudding. You also add this light breakfast in your table.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (30 g)
- ½ cup of creamy vegetable milk (coconut or almonds) (125 ml)
- Pour the chia seeds in a half cup of vegetable milk.
- Let it sit overnight for the seeds to acquire a gelatinous consistency.
- Consumption mode
- The next morning, the pudding served with chopped fruit.
3. Hazelnut and banana milk liquefied
Smoothies are quick options for making vegan breakfasts. Therefore, this delicious recipe with the milk of hazelnuts, bananas, and carob is perfect for those who have little time in the morning.
- 1 cup of hazelnut milk (250 ml)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of carob (15 g)
- To start, add the hazelnut milk in the blender.
- Then, chop the bananas and add them to the tablespoon of carob.
- Finally, beat everything for a few moments, until you get a drink without lumps.
Take the smoothie alone or with a couple of whole-grain crackers.
4. Smoothie bowl
This recipe is made basically with crushed fruit. Because of that, it is a perfect breakfast to recharge the body with vitamins and minerals. You can also add an extra protein with nuts or chia seeds.
- ½ ripe mango
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of soaked chia seeds (15 g)
- Red fruits (to decorate)
- The first thing you should do is chop the mango and pineapple slices.
- Next, transfer them to the blender and process them for a moment.
- When it is ready, put it in a bowl and mix it with a spoonful of chia seeds, previously soaked.
- To finish, decorate it with red fruits to taste.
Eat this smoothie bowl with a couple of oatmeal cookies.
5. Whole-grain porridge
The carbohydrates that oats contain are a great source of energy for the body. For that reason, porridge is an excellent choice for vegan breakfasts. Among other things, they provide protein, omega 3 and antioxidants.
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- ½ cup of porridge (100 g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (2.5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup (30 ml)
- Pour the almond milk into a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, add the porridge and stir with a wooden utensil.
- Next, add the cinnamon powder and the tablespoons of agave syrup.
- Leave everything on low heat for a couple of minutes, until they are thicker.
Serve the porridge in a deep dish and decorate with blueberries or dehydrated pineapple.
6. Cream of banana with oats and nuts
The ingredients that we combine in this recipe for breakfast are an important source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, and amino acids. Thanks to its properties, it helps to maintain the feeling of fullness and improves digestion.
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of almond milk (125 ml)
- 3 tablespoons oat flakes (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon crushed nuts (15 g)
- Put the ripe banana in a bowl and crush it with the help of a fork.
- Next, add the almond milk and the oatmeal spoons.
- Mix everything until it is well integrated and decorate with nuts.
Serve the banana cream accompanied with ripe strawberries or blueberries.
Still not paying attention to breakfast? Do not forget that it is one of the most important meals of the day. If you want to take care of yourself and have energy, do not forget to try these vegan breakfasts.