The pork ribs in sweet and sour sauce are a delicacy that is frequently found in Asian restaurants. However, this is one of those dishes that seem complex but that, in reality, are easy to elaborate.
Basically, the secret of the flavor of this proposal is found in the sweet and sour sauce . The best thing about using the ribs is that their structure and juiciness please both children and adults. This can be an excellent alternative to introduce the little ones to other types of flavors.
Properties of sweet and sour sauce
Although it seems only an ingredient for flavor, sweet and sour sauce has considerable nutritional contributions. The mixture of food products used for its preparation provides vitamins B, C, E, iodine and other elements that, in small quantities, are positive for our body.
The best thing about this sauce is that it will be made from mostly natural ingredients. You also test this sauce when you make delicious meat roll and surprise your family. Therefore, it will be better to prepare it at home than to opt for the commercial alternatives that we can see in the market.
Recipe of pork ribs in sweet and sour sauce
The proportion of ingredients that we will show next is for four people . Knowing this, we can reduce or increase the quantities depending on the rations that are going to be served.
- 1 ½ kilos of pork ribs
- 4 lettuce buds
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tablespoon of red paprika (15 g)
- ½ green pepper
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar (45 ml)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for the preparation of the sauce:
- ½ cup of tomato sauce (natural or ketchup) (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of white wine (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour (refined) (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (45 g)
- Water (amount needed)
Preparation of the ribs sweet and sour pork :
- First the sweet and sour sauce is prepared. For this we place the sugar, the vinegar of rice , the white wine and the sauce ketchup in a saucepan. Add a little cold water and put on the fire for a few minutes until it reduces and acquires consistency.
- Separate the ribs and place them in a large bowl. Season the meat and smear each piece with oil evenly.
- Place everything on a baking sheet and put it in the oven at 200 ºC, for about 25 minutes.
- It is important that all the furnace bulbs are on, but do not put the meat too close to the bulb above. This will avoid burning the surface.
- Five minutes before the baking time is over, we will remove the ribs and spread them with the sauce. This will allow the sauce to adhere to the meat and caramelize.
- We prepare the vinaigrette. To do this, chop the chives into thin pieces and the green pepper. Mix both in a bowl with olive oil, paprika, salt and a little vinegar.
- Next, the lettuce buds are opened and spread in a bowl or dish . On top of them we will throw the vinaigrette that we have just prepared.
- Each serving can be served with 4 pork ribs , which will be accompanied by lettuce buds. To finish with the preparation of this succulent dish, we will use chopped parsley as a decorative element.
- Put the desired point of salt and serve hot.
Nutritional content of the dish
The best thing about preparing the pork ribs in sweet and sour sauce accompanied with the vinaigrette is that the dish is balanced. Although the pork has an important caloric and fat content, the lack of heavy carbohydrates will balance the balance and make this meal a healthy alternative.
Baked pork preparation and the use of olive oil allow the food to be a little less fatty. This oil is an inexhaustible source of fatty acids , with great benefits for the organism. Its intake contributes to the functioning of the nervous system, cardiovascular and, in addition, has anti-inflammatory properties.
In summary, this recipe for pork ribs in sweet and sour sauce is very simple, and its preparation can be spectacular. Perhaps the most important nutritional level is the combination of fats and vegetables to ensure a healthy balance.