The banana flavor of a good dessert is practically insurmountable. The banana cheesecake with vegan ingredients has a lot to offer. Besides being a cheesecake, which makes it very attractive, it is a cake that does not contain dairy or gluten or refined sugar.
This cheesecake with vegan banana has excellent consistency and an exquisite taste. It contains many healthy fats and all the benefits of nuts; It is also not necessary to bake it, which makes it even more nutritious.
Cheesecake recipe with banana
Ingredients for the base:
- 1 cup of unsalted cashew nuts (120 g)
- 1 cup of dates (130 g)
- 4 dehydrated bananas
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (5 g)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil (30 g)
Ingredients for the filling:
- ½ cup of raw cashews without salt (soaked in water for 8 hours) (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (45 g)
- 2 frozen bananas or bananas
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (5 g)
- A pinch of sea salt
You may continue reading: This is the easiest apple pie in the world
Preparing the base:
- If the dates are not very soft, it is recommended to soak them in hot water about 10 minutes before starting. They will be easier to mix.
- Incorporate dates, dehydrated bananas, and cashews into a processor or food grinder.
- Process the food until a brittle and sticky mixture is obtained.
- Melt the extra virgin coconut oil and add it to the previous mixture.
- Then add the cinnamon and a touch of sea salt and continue mixing the preparation.
- Once it is well mixed let stand a few minutes.
- Prepare a cake mold and cover it with baking paper.
- Place the mixture on the mold and tighten it with a spatula so that it is well compacted at the base of it.
- Take the base to the refrigerator for 30 minutes so that it is fixed and firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator, temper and serve.
Preparation of the pie filling
- For the preparation of the filling, it is important to soak the cashews for at least eight hours. This will make your texture more creamy.
- After the indicated time, rinse and drain the cashews.
- Place cashews and frozen bananas in the processor and mix well.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, vanilla paste and chia seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients in the food processor at high speed, until you get a creamy and silky preparation.
- Finally, remove the base of the refrigerator and pour the cheese preparation on it.
- Refrigerate the cake until it is completely firm and hardened.
- Remove the cake about twenty minutes before serving.
- You can decorate the cake with slices of banana, nuts, melted chocolate or any other ingredient. Always to everyone’s taste.
The result is an excellent cake or cheesecake, that does not contain any dairy product or animal origin. Although it may sound a bit simple or flat flavor, it turns out to be the opposite. It has a flavor and a spectacular texture, which has nothing to envy to the classic recipes of cheesecakes.
A good option is to prepare this vegan pie is in small, individual type molds. It is a different way of presenting them if there are guests to eat; in the freezer, they can be stored up to a month quietly.
Although it is a simple cake to prepare, it is necessary to keep in mind that it can not be done at the last moment. That is, it is very important that the cashews stay soaking for eight hours. It is recommended to cook from one day to the next; in this way, they will acquire the texture necessary for the preparation.
The cheesecake with banana is suitable for all diners. Not only vegans but also intolerant lactose, celiac and intolerant to milk protein; It is also suitable for those who are not vegans or suffer from any intolerance. Without a doubt, it is an excellent sweet and healthy option for everyone.
We also recommend you to check this article: http://thecaseyjamesblog.com/christmas-desserts-and-special-occasions/