The Cordon bleu is a famous school of international cuisine that has given the best chefs in the world. The fame of this school has been such that it has even given its name to many recipes.
These cordon bleu-style breasts consist of thin steaks of meat that are stuffed with ham and cheese. Its exterior is crunchy to be then battered and fried in hot oil. Here we will see a recipe of breasts Cordon bleu style with spinach and ricotta cheese, to the delight of those who try this dish.
The original preparation was fried, based on stewed beef and with the aforementioned filling. This version of Cordon bleu is healthier since it is prepared with baked chicken and its filling is light. It is also suggested a mustard sauce to bathe the preparation at the end and get an excellent contrast.
Before explaining the recipe, it is useful to know a little about the history of the iconic dish. It also reviews the benefits and properties of its main filling, spinach.
History of Cordon bleu
In France, in the sixteenth century, the monarchy delivered a blue cord to distinguish from the Order of the Knight of the Holy Spirit important personalities. In the royal kitchens, abundant and delicious delicacies were prepared for the great occasions and parties, where the best chefs stood out.
Over time this decoration was extrapolated to the architects of the royal kitchen. It is unknown who created this type of dishes; They began to be called with that name in allusion to its quality and excellent finish.
You may interest to continue reading: 6 Ideas of breakfasts with oats that you will like
Properties and benefits of spinach
Spinach is a leafy green vegetable whose consumption brings enormous health benefits; It is recognized as one of the healthiest vegetables. Its numerous components improve metabolism, contribute to muscle strengthening and protect the skin and eyes.
When we eat spinach we eat a good amount of antioxidants, such as potassium, magnesium, and folates. These nutrients preserve the neurological system, beginning with the brain, and the cardiovascular system. In addition, they protect against cancer in its different manifestations.
It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and protects the gastrointestinal tract with a protective coating, avoiding irritations and ulcers. Its vitamin K has a positive impact on the bone system by the preservation of the necessary calcium.
Cordon bleu-style bagel recipe with spinach
The special touch of this preparation is that the cordon bleu is baked, so it is as crispy as when frying but healthier. There is no added fat.
- 4 scallops or fillets of chicken breast (150 g)
- 1 cup of crumbled ricotta cheese (200 g)
- 1 cup cooked and finely chopped spinach (180 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour (45 g)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (200 g)
- Spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Place transparent plastic on the scallops and pass them a roller or bottle to make them as large and thin as possible.
- Season the scallops and reserve.
- Beat the eggs in a deep dish.
- Proceed to fill each one with the ricotta cheese and then in a smaller proportion the spinach. Leave about two centimeters free from the sides.
- Roll the scallops on themselves. To close them well, the help of chopsticks may be required.
- Pass the wrapped by flour, then egg and finally add the breadcrumbs. The breading must be very uniform and cover everything.
- Spray the Cordon bleu breasts with the cooking spray and place them in a baking dish covered with waxed paper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. If you want to fry them instead of baking them, use enough corn oil or sunflower hot but not steaming. When removing, place on absorbent paper.
This sauce is soft and offers a good contrast when accompanying the Cordon bleu or San Jacobo. How to make it?
- 1 cup of skim milk (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sweet mustard (30 g)
- ½ finely chopped onion (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour (15 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan melt the margarine and sauté the onion. Immediately sprinkle the flour on top and stir.
- When beginning to thicken, add the cream slowly, stirring at the same time.
- Add the mustard without stirring and seasoning.
Hope you enjoy now different and delicious breasts Cordon bleu style with spinach.
We also invite you to discover this article: http://magazinemi.com/a-good-delicious-breakfast-in-the-morning/