Onion and garlic are two frequent ingredients at the time of seasoning and seasoning meals. In the same way, it treats foods with flavors and strong aromas, which perhaps provokes certain doubts in some diners at the time of combining them.
However, in its correct proportion, the different varieties of salsa with onion and garlic are ideal options to break the routine and monotony in our dishes.
Ways to prepare a sauce with onion and garlic
Always attending to the preferences and tastes of the diners, the onion and garlic serve to accompany different types of dishes: red or white meat, fish, stews or salads. Also sandwiches, pizzas or tacos. This versatility allows its presence in meals at any time of day: breakfasts, lunches, dinners or snacks.
In addition to its flavor contribution to the dishes, onion and garlic are highly nutritious ingredients. They also have regenerative and depurative properties, exploited by human societies since ancient times.
Traditional onion and garlic recipe
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 3 large onions
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour (cornstarch) (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional) (25 g)
- ½ glass of wine (to taste) (100 ml)
- Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces (do not crush or crush).
- Chop the onion in a small way.
- Bring butter and oil to a pan. Place over low heat on the stove until the butter is melted.
- Add the onion and garlic. Keep on medium heat for five minutes.
- Incorporate the honey to the preparation, in case you opt for the use of this ingredient. Keep on low heat for twenty minutes, stirring frequently
- Add wine. Add the cornflour in the same way, to thicken the sauce. Keep simmering for 10 minutes or until it thickens, stirring constantly.
Another recipe for onion and garlic sauce
- 4 large onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of meat broth (200 ml)
- ¼ cup of flour (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- Salt to taste)
- Peel the onions and cut into slices or julienne.
- Chop the garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Bring the oil to a fire in a pan. When it is hot, add the onions and garlic. Keep on a very slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat stock, flour, and salt. Stir constantly to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Keep simmering 10 additional minutes.
- Check the salt point.
Onion and garlic mayonnaise
The traditional sauce with onion and garlic can also be converted into a delicious mayonnaise. An equally versatile preparation, which can be used as a complement to sandwiches or to season pasta, among other possibilities.
- 2 large onions
- 1 sprig of coriander
- One lemon’s juice
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ glass of sunflower oil (50 mL)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- Chop the onions into quarters and take them to the blender or crusher, along with the cilantro, the cloves of garlic and the egg.
- Blend or grind, adding the oil slowly and progressively.
- Without stopping the blender, add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- By achieving the desired consistency, you will be ready to serve.
Chicken in onion and garlic sauce
More than a dressing or as a companion to a wide variety of dishes, snacks or appetizers, the sauce with onion and garlic can be included directly in the healthy ingredients of various recipes.
- 1 glass of oil (200 ml)
- ½ kilo of chicken (thighs and wings)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- A ¾ glass of white wine (150 ml)
- 1 glass of chicken broth (200 ml)
- 1 large onion
- Flour to sprinkle
- Place the oil in a pan and bring to the fire. When it is hot, put the pieces of chicken, previously floured, to fry. Once ready, remove from the pan and reserve.
- In the same oil, place the cloves of garlic and onions, previously chopped, and brown.
- Add half of the white wine. Cook until it evaporates.
- Add the broth and the rest of the wine. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
We also recommend you to read this article: http://natural-lotion.com/what-foods-are-best-eaten-raw-and-cooked-them/