Peppermint is a widely used herb known in the culinary world. It is used a lot for its soothing and relaxing properties. It has many health benefits, among which stands out is the best antioxidant. We bring you 4 delicious recipes with mint so that you can add its delicious aroma to your meals and thus take advantage of its benefits.
Almond Pesto with mint
We will start our recipes with mint with this version of the classic Italian herb sauce. The pesto can be used to flavor chicken or fish, to flavor soups or to add to pasta. It is very quick to prepare.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 clove garlic.
- One cup of parsley leaves (100 g).
- 1 cup of basil leaves (100 g).
- 2 cups mint leaves (200 g).
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds (30 g).
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil (160 mL).
Pour the mint, parsley, basil, almonds and chopped garlic into a food processor and process until they are fully integrated.
Leave the processor on and slowly add the olive oil to create a uniform paste.
Add salt and press again to combine.
You can serve it both at room temperature and fresh.
You may interested read this article: How to prepare a delicious orange and chocolate cake
Chutney with mint
Chutney with mint is a very popular food in the Middle East, especially in India. It can be used as a dressing in meats or as an accompaniment to bread or other snacks. Prepare this exotic recipe by following the steps below, they are very simple.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 green chili pepper (2 g).
- 2- 3 cloves of garlic (4 g).
- 3/4 cup natural yogurt (180 mL).
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 mL).
- One cup of fresh mint leaves (100 g).
- 1 small piece of peeled ginger (3 g).
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (2.5 mL).
Wash the mint leaves well.
Enter all ingredients, except yogurt, in a food processor.
Process the ingredients until a consistent and uniform dough is obtained.
When you have the previous mixture more homogeneous, mix with the yogurt.
Put in the refrigerator and serve it cold.
Potatoes recipes with mint
This is a new and original way of preparing potatoes. You can then accompany them with your favorite meat.
- Salt to taste.
- Nutmeg grated.
- 3 cups of milk (750 mL).
- 1 bag and a half of potatoes (750 g).
- 1 spoonful of dehydrated mint (10 g).
Wash the potatoes thoroughly with plenty of water. Then, cut them into slices without removing the skin.
In a more or less large glass container, pour milk, grated nutmeg, dehydrated mint, and salt. Mix well and reserve.
Dip the potatoes in this mixture and place them in the oven at 200ºC. Let them bake for a time of about 30 minutes.
Once the potatoes are well cooked, let them cool to room temperature and then serve with a slice of fresh parsley and your steak.
Salmon sauteed with mint and lemon dressing
Among our recipes with mint, it has a little more complexity, but you prepare it in 30 to 40 minutes; that is, it is an easy and delicious recipe. This salted salmon with a lemon and mint dressing has a unique flavor, although the amount of mint is small compared to the other ingredients.
- 4 salmon fillets (700 g).
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt (3 g).
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar (2 g).
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 mL).
- Fresh mint sprigs to decorate.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 mL).
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 mL).
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (15 mL).
- One teaspoon lemon zest (5 mL).
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped (15 mL).
- 2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper (2.5 g).
Mix the lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper in a small bowl.
Then, add 1/4 cup of olive oil mix it little by little.
Then add the tablespoon of chopped shallots and the spoonful of chopped fresh mint. Reserve this mixture.
Season the salmon fillets with salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
In a frying pan, place the tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
Place the salmon fillets in this pan and sauté until they have the desired level of cooking.
Remove the salmon from the pan and put them on a plate. Sprinkle with the mixture you prepared earlier.
If you wish, decorate the presentation with mint on branches.
We also recommend you to check this article: http://cassyfiano.com/5-superfoods-include-diet/