There are different recipes with one thing in common: its exquisite flavor and incomparable aroma. Preparing a delicious orange and chocolate cake is simple and fun; only creativity is required and the desire to place an incomparable dessert on the table.
The combination of chocolate with orange provides an ideal flavor. In a special celebration, Christmas or a family snack, there will always be a special place for this cake.
Orange cake with chocolate ganache
Ingredients for the orange cake:
- 3 eggs (180 g).
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g).
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (2 g).
- 1 and a half cups of wheat flour (170 g).
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil (80 mL).
- 1 envelope of chemical yeast (10 g).
- 1 large orange with a lot of juice (50 g).
For the filling and coverage of chocolate ganache
- 3 tablespoons of honey (30 g).
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30 g).
- Two chocolate tablets for dessert (200 g).
- 2 cups of cream with 35% fat (200 mL).
You may also check this article: Birthday Cakes: 4 Ideas for birthday cakes for your next celebration
Preparation of the cake
- The first thing is to wash the orange very well and cut it into pieces, with the skin included. The sweeter the class of orange is, the better the cake will touch.
- The orange is crushed with eggs, sugar and sunflower oil until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- In a large bowl place the mixture and add the wheat flour, previously sieved with the yeast and salt. Beat by hand until everything is completely mixed.
- In a large mold, floured and spread with butter, the mixture is brought to the oven at a temperature of 170 ° C for 35 minutes. Optionally you can use the grill to toast the cake on top.
Preparing the chocolate ganache
- In a bowl, the cream, honey, and butter are boiled.
- In a bowl place, the chocolate cut into pieces. The mixture is still boiling until it completely covers the chocolate. Let it rest for five minutes so that all the flavors come together.
- Mix well until a homogeneous paste is obtained. A few minutes later, the ganache can be used as a filling and cake cover.
Orange and chocolate cake
- 1/2 cup of sugar (50 g).
- 1 medium egg (60 g).
- 1/2 cup of milk (50 mL)
- 1 stick of butter (75 g).
- One spoonful of cocoa (10 g).
- 1 cup of wheat flour (100 g).
- 1/2 cup orange juice (50 mL).
- A pinch of baking powder.
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the sugar.
- The egg is incorporated and beaten until the sugar finishes dissolving.
- Add the wheat flour and the baking powder, beat until you get a homogeneous paste.
- This mixture is divided into two parts. To one is added the orange juice and binds well. The other is incorporated milk and cocoa and continues beating.
- In a previously greased mold pour the two mixtures in a disorderly manner to achieve a marbled cake.
- Optionally you can add chocolate chips or nuts to the mix.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
Marmolada orange and chocolate cake
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g).
- 6 medium eggs (360 g).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5 mL).
- 7 tablespoons of butter (150 g).
- 5 large cups of wheat flour (500 g).
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (10 g).
- 2 cups of orange juice (200 mL).
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (5 g).
- 1 cup chocolate tablet (130 g).
- In the water bath, the chocolate tablet melts and it is left to rest.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar. It should take a creamy consistency, integrating both ingredients well.
- The eggs are added one by one, stirring constantly.
- The flour and baking powder, mixed, are added alternating with orange juice.
- Add the orange zest and the vanilla. Mix well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- A cup is separated to add it to the previously melted chocolate.
- Both mixtures are poured into a floured and reserved mold, alternating them to achieve the marbling effect.
- It is baked for one hour at a temperature of 170 ° C. It will be known that the cake is made when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- This delicious variant of orange and chocolate cake can be decorated with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and so on. To your taste!
We also invited you to check this article: http://ezhealthinsurance.org/6-healthy-sandwiches-enjoy-work/