The brain is the great director of our body, is made up of millions of neurons that respond to a host of impulses that come from outside. Its operation is so complex, that to date there are still more doubts than certainties about the extent of its power.
There are several diseases that are slowly deteriorating. And unlike in the past, where they were limited to affecting mostly elderly people, cases are found in younger people.
So if it were within your reach to help your brain stay healthy and lucid for longer, would not you?
So that we can help our brain maintain its capabilities for longer, we recommend a list of the best foods for the good health of the director of our body.
10 foods for a healthy brain:
- Chia seeds
- Olive oil
- Green Tea
- Blueberries: This super fruit is useful to nourish the whole organism. Its benefits help prevent or delay degenerative diseases of the brain, such as Alzheimer’s. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Nuts: They provide us with various minerals and vitamins, including phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, vitamins B complex and vitamin E. These fruits are allied to maintain good cardiovascular health, which results in a correct supply of blood and oxygen to all organs, not to mention, of course, the brain.
- Avocado: It has antioxidant properties that help prevent aging and early deterioration of our health. In addition, it contains omega 3, ideal to protect the brain from premature wear.
- Tomatoes: The tomato contains a substance called lycopene, which, thanks to its antioxidant properties, has proven to be useful in the prevention of many diseases, including several types of cancer and cerebrovascular accident.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds favor the functioning of neurons and improve brain activity. It is considered the largest source of omega 3 that we get in nature. Prevents the aging of tissues, keeping functions intact for longer.
- Olive oil: It has powerful protective antioxidant effects for tissues, avoiding the damage caused by the so-called free radicals that lead to different diseases such as cancer. In addition, it has healthy fats that help protect the heart, achieving optimal blood circulation and getting to nourish all the cells of the body so they can function properly.
- Fish: Fish is a rich source of phosphorus. This mineral helps strengthen the brain, especially by improving memory. Consuming fish periodically, especially blue, because of its high omega 3 content, will help us protect the health of our heart and also our brain.
- Green Tea: Great antioxidant helps prevent heart diseases and those that affect the brain. In addition, it helps preserve memory, prevents damage, caused by the passage of time, keeping our cells protected.
- Cocoa: Consumed, of course, in moderation cocoa, can help in good brain health, as it contains antioxidants that prevent premature aging of the body and its cells while preventing heart disease. It is also rich in magnesium, a mineral that helps in the nutrition of our nervous system.
- Broccoli: Broccoli has nutrients that have the ability to boost memory and preserve good brain health. It also has properties that help protect the heart.
All these foods have the ability to help improve or maintain the functions of your brain. Therefore, you must include them in your diet and that of your family.
A healthy and balanced diet will keep your body in optimal condition for much longer, cheer up and decide to choose day by day what is natural and beneficial.