You have to eat fruit; this is a universal truth. And it is that these foods give us a broad spectrum of vitamins and other essential nutrients that we need to preserve our health. But, not all fruits are the same; some contain more calories and sugars than others. We give you 10 best fruits and 10 worst fruits to maintain a good health.
Let’s start with the positive side. The fruits that we will expose next are the healthiest ones they are not so caloric, nor they contain as much sugar. They are also loaded with antioxidants and help prevent cancer. So you can eat them as often as you like.
They are given below:
- Blueberry: Blueberries are one of the fruits with the most antioxidants. In addition, they have a very low glycemic index, so they are extremely beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Watermelon: 82% of watermelon is water; this makes it one of the best fruits to hydrate in the summer. On the other hand, several scientific studies have shown that drinking watermelon is recommended to lower blood sugar levels, such as blood pressure.
- Raspberry: A half cup of raspberries contains only 2.7 grams of sugar. In addition, the greater amount of the carbohydrates present in these fruits comes from the fiber. This makes the raspberries perfect to satisfy the appetite for longer.
- Lemon: Lemon contains almost no sugar, is very rich in vitamin C and helps prevent rheumatoid arthritis. So do not stop using it to taste salads, teas, and meats.
- Guava: Guavas also do not have as much sugar. But, this is not the only quality worthy of being highlighted: these fruits improve vision, prevent cancer and are one of the best allies to lose weight.
- Pomelo: Half grapefruit contains only 8 grams of sugar. Also, this fruit constitutes one of the best sources of vitamin C.
- Strawberry: The strawberries are simply delicious. But, not only does it look like it counts: these fruits are very good at regulating blood sugar levels. And they have almost no sugar: one cup adds 7 grams only.
- Mora: Blackberries are very nutritious. They provide fiber (essential for good digestion), folate (vital for pregnant women), vitamin C (ideal for strengthening the defenses) and potassium (relevant in the proper functioning of the nervous system).
We call these fruits “worse,” purely for pragmatic reasons. It is necessary to clarify and emphasize that these fruits are not harmful to health; only contribute more amounts of sugars and calories. For this reason, it is advisable to consume them with a little more moderation than the previous ones.
They are given below:
- Dried fruits
- Fig: Figs are an excellent source of fiber; this makes them particularly beneficial for those suffering from hypertension. However, they contain a lot of sugar; so, in 100 grams there are 16 grams of sugar.
- Banana: If you like physical activity, keep in mind that bananas are the ideal alternative to energy cereal bars. This is because they contain lots of potassium, sugar and are easily digestible.
- Mango: Soluble fiber, vitamins C, A, and B6. All these nutrients are present in the handle. However, this fruit has an unreasonable amount of sugar: one unit adds 31 grams.
- Grape: A cup of grapes has 15 grams of sugar. On the other hand, this fruit is very beneficial; its consumption decreases the risks of developing diabetes, prevents hypertension and a great variety of heart diseases.
- Cherry: 100 grams of cherries enclose 13 grams of sugar. Beyond that, cherries are very good sources of vitamin C, so they are ideal for raising fenders.
- Apple: One of the reasons why apples are so delicious has to do with their great wealth of sugar a unit add 19 grams. However, the consumption of this fruit contributes to regulating blood pressure and represents one of the best sources of fiber.
- Dried fruits: Dried fruits are usually tastier than raw fruits because they contain more sugar. To give you an idea, a cup of raisins brings 434 calories. So, do not abuse.
- Pineapple: A cup of pineapple has 16 grams of sugar. But, pineapple is a delicious way to nourish ourselves with vitamin C and benefit digestion. Therefore, do not give up enjoying this fruit.